For those interested in the technology and production tools being employed to create Stasys, this section may be of interest to you.
- NewTek’s LightWave3D 11 (our 3D app of choice and the center of the production!)
- DazStudio 4.0 (the starting point for all of our Characters)
- Eyeon Fusion 6.x (our primary compositing app)
- ipiSoft DMC 1.x and 2.0 (currently in beta and testing in our pipeline as our primary motion capture solution)
- NewTek’s SpeedEdit 2.0 (for preliminary edit and previs assembly)
- LightWorks 11.0 (for final editing and additional stereo grading steps)
- Pilgway’s 3D-Coat (for model sculpting, re-topology and more)
- Origami Digital’s JimmyRig|Pro (motion-capture and more)
- Ableton Live! 8 (for primary mix down and scoring)
- Steinberg Wavelab 6 (for dialog editing and sweetening of sound effects and final mastering)
Additional tools are being added to the creation pipeline as they pass our evaluation for use. For example, at this time we are researching at least 3 different facial animation systems. One of the main facial animation tools with which we intend to work is TAFA by Mac Ritter.
In addition to all the software, the production has assembled a significant amount of equipment, some of it new, some of it old, and some of it donated in order to render the show itself. Currently we have over 200Ghz of combined CPU power and 20TB of storage for the rendering and compositing portion of the show.
Due in part to the contributions of fans, many of these tools are now in our hands and ready to be deployed as part of the production tool kit.
If you are a software vendor or hardware manufacturer and feel your products can benefit the production, we encourage you to contact us. We need your support and are happy to discuss ways in which it might benefit your company. Please contact us for more details.
Further updates to this list of tools, including details about how we use them in concert to create the series will be covered in our regular blog updates.